Saturday, February 11, 2012

Currently reading

There's a reason why I don't usually add titles to my "currently reading" list.  Because I usually have many on the go at the same time.  I read based on what I feel like reading at the moment.  If a non-fiction book I'm reading doesn't feel appropriate for me to read at work, I'll read something else.  If a book I'm reading is slow-going, I'll pick up something else temporarily.  I started reading "Infernal Devices" by K.W. Jeter because I'm exploring the steampunk genre for the first time.  I had read the first four books in Gail Carriger's 'Parasol Protectorate' series and loved them.  They've been tagged by others as steampunk.  The Jeter book is claimed to be the first book to give the steampunk genre its name.  But I had picked it up simply because "Resurrectionist" by James McGee had not arrived for me at the library.  It arrived yesterday.  So it has taken preference over the Jeter book.  I also have three non-fiction books on the go.  One has stalled due to too many more interesting books and one is on my BlackBerry for whenever I have to wait for something (in line, for taxis, etc.).  So I currently have about six titles on the go.  And I have about 495 other titles on my to-read list.  And my work schedule has changed so that I now work only one Saturday per month instead of two.  This extra day will undoubtedly be used for non-stop reading.  I love those days when I can do nothing but read.  They are rare and that's why I love them all the more.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment