Saturday, February 18, 2012

Book horror

I love books and I love amateur astronomy.  I am picky when it comes to books about astronomy because I don't quite have the brain for following all the science.  While browsing blogrolls of book-related blogs, I came across an post about a set of twelve books called "Astronomical" by Mishka Henner.  In the blog post, a video is included.  It is almost 10 minutes long but I only got to the two-minute mark before I had to stop.  I love books but I am also an environmentalist.  These books, although only printed on demand, are a fucking waste of paper and ink.  There is no reason at all why this should have been done.  I don't care if it is labelled artistic.  I am horrified and obviously angry that someone could even think that this was a good idea.  Pages and pages mostly of nothing but black.  And that's just in the first volume.  There would still be 11 more books of it.  See for yourself.  But you have been warned of the cringe-worthiness of it all.  I'm so mad about this that I don't even know if I will finish watching the video.  If I do, it will only be out of morbid curiosity.



ASTRONOMICAL - The Movie from Mishka Henner on Vimeo.

Read on,
Paula

1 comment:

  1. 2:19 Mercury
    3:13 Venus
    That's when I gave up. I totally agree with you! Infuriating!

    ReplyDelete