Monday, October 17, 2011

Why wasn't I told about this?

Week 4 of the Learning 2.0 course I'm taking is about social bookmarking and tagging.  We were instructed to sign up for an account with Diigo.  You can view my links and tags here.  But here's the thing, this is the first time anyone has mentioned this service to me.  I guess my friends and coworkers aren't as social media-conscious as I thought.  Either that or they just haven't mentioned it.  The reason I'm personally excited about this newly discovered site is that I will be able to access my bookmarks from any computer with internet access.  I'm jumping for joy over here!  Now this is something I will definitely use!!  I've been the weirdo with her bookmark links on a portable USB or disk.  I recently loaded them into Dropbox because it has that syncing function too.  Going to Diigo will be so much easier!  And it's got the fancy highlighter and post-it note functions.  I also like the visual appeal of Diigo over Delicious.

I have a Stumbleupon account but I don't use it very much.  I imagine that the internet is a very vast web of sites with fascinating things I have yet to discover.  That's why I signed up.  But the subjects of interest are too general and they lead me to webpages rather than the main website.  Most of the sites I found were fun but pointless, see them once and never go back.  That's not what I use the internet for.  So maybe Diigo will be a better alternative to Stumbleupon.  Every now and then I get bored of what I know and go seeking something new and that's when I've used Stumbleupon.  For me, Stumbleupon's recommendations are like junk food.  They fill my needs for the moment but leave no lasting impression.

As if I weren't on the internet enough!

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment