Tuesday, May 14, 2013

BTT: Buy, Borrow, or Trade

Buy, Borrow, or Trade (from Booking Through Thursday)
1. Do you buy the books you read, or do you borrow them from the library or from friends or from somewhere else?
2. Do you prefer new or used books?
3. If you buy them, do you keep them?
4. If you don't keep them, how long do you hold on to them before letting them go?  What do you do with them?

I mostly borrow books from the two libraries I work at.  75% of the books I buy are ones I've already read and loved.  These days I'm finding that the ones I buy that I haven't previously read turn out to be unsatisfactory and so I'm going to focus my book-buying on books I know I want to keep.

I prefer to buy new books just because they are more beautiful to me than used.  I liked buying from Better World Books because of their low prices, free shipping, and charity support but I prefer not to get former library books.  I don't mind buying used if the condition is to my liking.

Since I tend mainly to buy books I've already read and loved, I buy them with the intention of keeping them.  I want to reread them at some point in the future.

If I don't like a book I've bought that I have not previously read, I donate them to one of the two libraries I work for, I offer them to friends who may like them, or I send them to Better World Books.  I try to give them a new home as soon as possible so that they aren't cluttering up my house or my bookshelves.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment