Saturday, March 16, 2013

March Chapters shopping

You've heard of 'dinner and a movie'.  Well, my girl friends and I went to 'dinner and Chapters' for my friend's birthday.

I probably would have spent more had I not forgotten my wallet at home (not realizing this until after dinner) and had to rely on a loan from one of my friends.  Also, I bought two books I hadn't intended to buy just to compensate for the fact that Chapters was sold out of "Dust and shadow" by Lyndsay Faye.  Silly me, I assumed Chapters would have copies considering it's a new-ish title.  Apparently, I was wrong.

I bought:
*The Penguin Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
*The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
*To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
*Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
*The Boy in the Dress by David Walliams

When I got home, I ordered a hardcover copy of "Dust and shadow" because Chapters only had the trade paperback available.  I wanted hardcover so I was happy to find that Better World Books had it.

Read on,
Paula




No comments:

Post a Comment