Monday, November 21, 2011

Dropbox, Evernote, and iGoogle

A coworker introduced me to Dropbox.  She uses it personally and professionally.  One of the things we like about it is that you can share certain files with certain people.  I use it for accessing files I want to "take with me".  I use the app and the website.  I used to have the software on my home computer but I don't like that any files I put in there are no longer accessible on my home computer, only through Dropbox.  Perhaps there's a setting to fix that but for now I've uninstalled the software.  But I still use it online and on my phone.

I love Evernote.  I would love it even more if I could access the picture notes I've added.  I can preview them but not actually access them.  Evernote tech support is working on it.  Evernote is another one of those programs that are accessible at home, online, and mobile.  I love that I can access my notes anywhere.  I have the 'Clip to Evernote' function on my web browser, which is so easy to use.  All my notes are in one place and I don't have to go hunting for them.  I like that Evernote keeps improving their service.  When I first joined, I had difficulty opening the notes.  Now I don't.  I am also interested in reading the book "Evernote for Dummies".  If they can write a whole book about it, I'm obviously not using the service to its fullest potential.

I will be creating an iGoogle account for my personal account.  I just don't have enough "stuff" to add for it to be worthy work-wise.  But I can link all sorts of stuff from my personal life.  I like the idea of having it all in one spot, especially since putting in my postal code means my local weather forecast pops up too.  Since I walk to/from work, this is important info for me.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment