Thursday, February 21, 2013

Better World Books

Today I got a delivery from Better World Books.  There are a few reasons why I love this website:
  • free shipping no matter how many books you buy or where you live
  • for each book you purchase, they donate a book to charity
  • low prices depending on popularity and publication date (this particular shipment of 2 trade paperbacks and 2 hardcovers cost less than $35 Cdn; each book cost less than $10 Cdn; they don't charge tax)
  • availability of titles no longer sold by brand stores
However, just because the shipping is free does not mean that it is pronto/next-day service like Chapters or Amazon.  But I don't mind that at all because the biggest reason why I love ordering from BWB is that, by the time my order arrives, I've forgotten what I ordered.  It's like a christmas surprise every time I get a shipment from them!

The only thing I'm not so happy about is the adhesive used on their inventory stickers.  I wish these stickers came off a whole lot easier than they do.  They don't peel off very easily and I don't feel like sitting there picking at them.  Because they are on the spine, they ruin the aesthetic of my bookcases.  *pout*  Maybe one of these days, BWB will start using a more peel-friendly adhesive...or I'll invest in some Goo Gone.

In case you're curious, the four books I got are:
*"Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto" by Anneli Rufus
*"Sixpence House: Lost in a Town of Books" by Paul Collins
*"Shelf Life: Romance, Mystery, Drama, and Other Page-Turning Adventures from a Year in a Book Store" by Suzanne Strempek Shea
*"Book on the Bookshelf" by Henry Petroski

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment