Friday, January 18, 2013

BOTNS causes TBR overload

I heard about the Books on the Nightstand podcast through the Readers podcast.  The thing about finding a podcast that's been going on for a while is that you have to catch up on all the past episodes.  There are 213 episodes of BOTNS and I've finished listening to the first 29.  The good-yet-bad thing about this is that my TBR is going to suffer under the weight of all the new titles I'm adding.  In two days, I've added six titles to my TBR.  What I do like though is that the titles are eclectic:

*Firmin: Adventures of a metropolitan lowlife - Sam Savage
*The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
*Hands of my father: A hearing boy, his deaf parents, and the language of love - Myron Uhlberg
*The Mystery Roast - Peter Gadol
*Pictures at an exhibition - Sara Houghteling

This means that I've added 21 titles to my TBR based on the two podcasts so far.  That might not seem like much but when you consider that my TBR now has 837 books on it...dangerous.  But one of the nice things about the two podcasts is that they talk about the books in a way that blurbs on Goodreads and Amazon don't.  For example, BOTNS talked about "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen.  Having read the blurbs, I wasn't very interested in reading it, even though I read "Ape House" two years ago and loved it.  But listening to Ann describe "Water for elephants" convinced me to add it to my TBR.

Will this stop me from adding more titles?  Probably not, because I get a little book-high when I find new titles that I want to read.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment