Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bon voyage...sort of.

I've never done this before and I'm both excited and nervous.  That's right, I'm taking a whole week off work and have NO plans.  I tend to only take time off for statutory holidays and special events, for visiting family, etc.  But work has been stressful and I finally decided to take one whole week off work and stay home.  Although I say I have no plans, I mean no big plans.  I have vague plans like 'read' and 'tidy my apartment'.  Nothing too specific, nothing too taxing, nothing that absolutely HAS to be done.  So it's all going to be a new experience for me.  I imagine that with so much time on my hands, I'll probably bore easily and flit from one thing to another.  I recognize this in myself and accept it.  Hell, I am prepared even to flit from one book to another.  I have 10 library books and 5 books I own (not including the other books in my personal collection) that I would really like to read this week.  In case you're curious, here are some of the titles:

*"Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading" - Maureen Corrigan [own]
*"Rebellion" (Matthew Hawkwood #4) - James McGee [library]
*"Hunchback Assignments" (Hunchback Assignments #1) - Arthur Slade [library]
*"Eyre Affair" (Thursday Next #1) - Jasper Fforde [ library]
*"Lost Art of Walking" - Geoff Nicholson [own; I've been reading this one off and on]
*"Devil in the White City" - Eric Larson [library]
*"Phoenix Rising" (Books & Braun #1) - Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris [own]
*"100 Cupboards" (100 Cupboards #1) - N.D. Wilson [own]
*"The Name of This Book Is Secret" (Secret #1) - Pseudonymous Bosch [library]

In fact, all of the books I have planned to read fall into any of three categories: historical, steampunk, and/or books about books.  Even the non-fiction ones.  Weird.  I totally didn't plan that.  Thankfully, I have a collection of books that do not fall into those categories that I can fall back on should I get bored of the other ones.  I'll let you know what happens.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment