Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Literary tattoos

I've wanted a tattoo for a long time.  But I'm a wimp when it comes to needles.  Since a tattoo is effectively permanent, I would want my tattoo to have personal meaning that will hopefully last my lifetime.  I also am a book addict.  So when I discovered (a) a book of literary tattoos and (b) the corresponding website, I was transfixed.  I will thoroughly enjoy looking through them.  If I ever do get a tattoo of words, I would want the tattoo artist to be as much of a spelling perfectionist as possible.  When I saw this tattoo, I was horrified.  I would hate to get a tattoo that I could never show anyone simply because of that.  I would feel so ashamed because of it.  But that's me.  Maybe other people don't care.

Read on,
Paula

P.S. In case you didn't notice it, I was horrified by the misspelling of 'through' (spelled 'thorough' in the tattoo).  Supposedly that's how it was spelled in the original of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" but if it had been me, I would have made them spell it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment