Saturday, January 21, 2012

Book abuse and free ebooks

Inside a book donated to a library I work at I found a note.  In pen was written "Hi Linda, Thank you for the lend of your book, Brenda".  If a friend of mine were to write me a note inside my book in pen, they wouldn't be my friend for long.  That is the sort of property damage that I find inexcusable.

I recently discovered a fabulous blog that offers the download of free ebooks.  The process is a bit complicated for the non-computer-savvy and the impatient.  But I've gotten some of the books from my to-read list from it.

These days, I'm having different media/ideas/topics colliding in my life.  Today, for example, I am listening to the "Stress" episode of Radiolab, which touches on the same topics that I am reading about in "When The Body Says No" by Gabor Mate.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment