Saturday, December 31, 2016

Year-end recap 2016

1.  Best book(s) I read in 2016: "Circus" by Claire Battershill, "The cuckoo's calling" by Robert Galbraith, "Jane Steele" by Lyndsay Faye, and "Poles apart" by Terry Fallis

2.  Most disappointing book of 2016: "The view from the cheap seats" by Neil Gaiman

3.  Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2016: "The cuckoo's calling" by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)

4.  Books I recommended most to people in 2016: "Jane Steele" by Lyndsay Faye

5.  Best series I discovered in 2016: The Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)

6.  Favourite new author(s) of 2016: Claire Battershill

7.  Most thrilling, unputdownable book of 2016: "The cuckoo's calling" by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)

8.  Book I most anticipated in 2016: "The Grain Brain whole life plan" by David Perlmutter

9.  Favourite cover of a book I read in 2016: 



10. Most memorable character in 2016: Cormoran Strike

11. Most beautifully written book of 2016: It's a tie between "Circus" by Claire Battershill and "What is not yours is not yours" by Helen Oyeyemi

12. Best book that was out of my comfort zone or was a new genre for me in 2016: "The cuckoo's calling" by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)

13. Book that had the greatest impact on me in 2016: "Spark joy" by Marie Kondo

14. Book I can't believe I waited until 2016 to FINALLY read: "The song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller

15. Book I read in 2016 that would most likely be reread in 2017: "Circus" by Claire Battershill

16. Book that had a scene in it that had me reeling and dying to talk to someone about it? (A WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc.  No spoilers!): "The slow fix" by Ivan Coyote

Some fun stats:
Books completed: 46
Goodreads Reading Challenge goal: 40
Books by male authors: 17
Books by female authors: 28
Fiction: 21
Non-fiction: 25
Children's books: 9
YA books: 0
E-books: 3
Did not finish (DNF): 3
Re-reads: 0
Translated books: 0
Big fat books (more than 500 pages): 0

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment