Tuesday, July 1, 2014

BTT: Restrictions

Restrictions (from Booking Through Thursday)

God* comes to you and tells you that, from this day forward, you may only read ONE type of book–one genre–period, but you get to choose what it is. Classics, Science-Fiction, Mystery, Romance, Cookbooks, History, Business … you can choose, but you only get ONE.
What genre do you pick, and why?

*Whether you believe in God or not, pretend for the purposes of this discussion that He is real.

I love non-fiction books of the popular science/history genre.  I love Malcolm Gladwell and Mary Roach, for instance.  I have Mark Kurlansky, Sam Kean, and Erik Larson, among many, on my TBR.  I have books about the history of food, neuroscience, psychology, and science in general on my TBR.  GoodReads has a list of "microhistories" of which I have read 5 already and have 14 on my TBR.  These are the types of books I gravitate to in general so if I was limited to just one genre it would be this one.  However, I would prefer to limit it to non-fiction in general.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment