Tuesday, January 14, 2014

BTT: Book Meme

Book Meme (from Booking Through Thursday)

1. What was the last book you bought?  "The Healthy Gluten-Free Lifestyle" by Tammy Credicott

2. Name a book you have read MORE than once  "The Blue Castle" by L.M. Montgomery

3. Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?  "Quirkyalone" by Sasha Cagen didn't change the way I see life but it did teach me that there are other people in the world like me

4. How do you choose a book? (eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews)  By plot summary

5. Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?  Although fiction is more prominent, I prefer to read both

6. What’s more important in a novel – beautiful writing or a gripping plot?  I prefer both but plot in general (not necessarily gripping) is more important to me.

7. Most loved/memorable character (character/book)  Corinna Chapman from Kerry Greenwood's Corinna Chapman series

8. Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?  "Dancing With Mr. Darcy" compiled by Sarah Waters, "Red Plaid Shirt" by Diane Schoemperlen, "Soulspace" by Xorin Balbes, "Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading" by Maureen Corrigan, and "Reading In Bed" edited by Steven Gilbar

9. What was the last book you read, and when was it?  I finished "August Frost" by Monique Roffey on 26Dec13

10. Have you ever given up on a book half way in?  Even though I love non-fiction books about the science of music, I just could not finish "Musicophilia" by Oliver Sacks

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment