Friday, December 28, 2012

Books for christmas

A friend gave me the six books of the Corinna Chapman series by Kerry Greenwood (three for my birthday, three for christmas).  I love them so much that I may reread them during my 2013 "reading from home" project.

Today I received a book in the mail.  When I opened the package, I discovered the copy of Hanne Blank's "The Unapologetic Fat Girl's Guide To Exercise and Other Incendiary Acts".  I had pre-ordered it from Amazon months ago and completely forgotten about it.  It was a nice surprise and I'm eager to read it.

My "reading from home" project, where I only read books I own, starts in three days (and I just happened to be going to the mall anyway) so I stopped in at the book store and picked up "Song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller and "Reading in the Brain: The New Science of How We Read" by Stanislas Dehaene.  It wasn't until I got them home that I noticed that the gold leaf embossing on "Song of Achilles" is flaking off and getting itself all over my desk, hands, and anything else I touch.  I'm not happy about that.  I'll have to find some way to fix it, otherwise when I actually read it, it'll turn into an epidemic and I'll have gold leaf everywhere.

According to my LibraryThing account, I have 136 books that I haven't read yet.  And I've got a lot of ebooks I haven't read yet either.  I should probably have enough books to tide me over for the year.  Wish me luck!

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment