Friday, November 23, 2012

Fat girl romance

Being a "plus size" woman myself, I absolutely love the new-to-me genre of BBW fiction.  I particularly love the BBW romances.  My absolute favourite author so far is Angela Verdenius.  I was introduced to the genre by reading her Big Girls Lovin' series and have subsequently read the two titles in her Lawson Boys series, a spin-off from the third title in the Big Girls Lovin' series.

Big Girls Lovin':
*Doctor's Delight (Cherry Williams)
*Cop's Passion (Maddy Lovett)
*Vet's Desire (Cindy Lawson)

Lawson Boys:
*Alex
*Marty

  The thing I like about all of them is the wonderful idea that a gorgeous hunk of a man can fall head-over-heels in love with a fat woman.  Of the five books, only one features a main female character that is not down on herself for her size.  Cindy Lawson (of "Vet's Desire") knows she is beautiful and doesn't care what others think of her size.  I love her for that.  I really enjoyed "Doctor's Delight" because Cherry is a shy, 35 year old, plus-sized virgin...which means I'm not the only one (even if she is fictional).  And I loved that Maddy is an independent, self-sufficient woman.  Although spiced with emotional/psychological drama and graphic sex scenes, I just really enjoyed the love stories.

I also absolutely adore and can't get enough of Kerry Greenwood's Corinna Chapman series. The main character is a fat female baker.  The books are what I call intellectual mysteries...no blood and gore but mysteries nonetheless.  I love the characters and she too falls in love with a gorgeous man.

Corinna Chapman:
*Earthly Delights
*Heavenly Pleasures
*Devil's Food
*Trick Or Treat
*Forbidden Fruit
*Cooking The Books

I also recommend the works of Adriana Hunter and Christa Wick.

If you are fat, I totally recommend these books.  Despite all the fat-positive and size-acceptance blogs I've been reading, it was these books that finally convinced me that fat women deserve (and get) love too.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment