Friday, October 3, 2014

Book bingo update

Well, it is officially autumn now so I thought I would let you know the results of my summer Book Bingo.  I am happy to say that I did get a Bingo!  I happened to read one book that qualified for four squares in a row.

"The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared" by Jonas Jonasson:

  • By an author of a different gender
  • Translation
  • Borrowed from the library
  • By an author of a different culture
And I am halfway through the complete Sherlock Holmes collection but I have finished "A Study in Scarlet", "The Sign of Four", and the twelve stories in "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes".  I counted that for the 'A classic that you should have read in school'.  If I had read a cozy mystery, I would have had two bingos on the same card.  I liked doing the bingo and would be interested in doing it again next year.  This year I read what I wanted and hoped it would fit something on the bingo card.  Next year I would like to try finding titles that specifically fit the bingo card.

Did you get a bingo?

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment