Tuesday, June 24, 2014

All I needed was a little time??

It seems I fell into the terrible self-perpetuating hole of the reading equivalent of writer's block.  Is there such a thing as reader's block?  According to Mr. Google there is.  Anyway, I noticed today that I am doing much better.  I took a week off work last week and managed to finish two books that I had been slowly working my way through.  That made me feel so proud of myself.  I am currently working my way through my e-book version of "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre.  It's good and I am enjoying it.  And I have evidence that I am retaining what I read because I have noticed a few times now that there are chunks of pages that repeat themselves.  Because of that, I have no idea how much more of the book there actually is to read.  Although my iBooks app says I am on page 985 of 1474, I don't know how many of those remaining 489 pages will be repeats.  I'm hoping to finish it in the next few days either way.  I have so many enticing books taunting me to read them so I hope my reading habit will continue to pick up its pace but all I can do is be patient.  Like writer's block, if I stop thinking about it and just give it a chance, hopefully the inspiration to read will come flooding back.

Perhaps this would be a good time to read a book about reading.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment