Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Keeping track of my books

After much consideration, I decided to give up my Shelfari account.  Since Goodreads and Shelfari are both owned by Amazon now, it seemed even more redundant.  And I'm still using Library Thing to keep track of just the books I own.  I have only one friend who uses Shelfari (hence the reason I joined) and she doesn't use it or read very often.  I have more friends and more activity on Goodreads.

It's taking me a while to get used to adding titles to my TBR and recording books I've read in only one place.  And since I have the Goodreads app, this is so much more convenient and easy.

And as the holidays approach, I am looking forward to some uninterrupted reading time.

I have come to the realization that I am an in-the-moment reader.  I want to read what takes my fancy right now.  I believe this is why my 2013 goal of reading books from my home library didn't pan out so well.  Because my books have been there for quite some time and the longer that a title has been on my TBR, the less likely I am to get around to reading it.  So my 2014 goal is to weed both my home library and my TBR of items I doubt I will ever read.  The ones that don't have enough of a draw to entice me to actually pick them up.  Once I have done that, I will endeavour to truly read a minimum of one book from either my home library or my TBR.  And then I will continue to read by whim the rest of the time.

Read on,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment